The Independent Doctors of Optometry recommend a comprehensive eye exam. The standard examination procedure for a patient who wants to wear eyeglasses includes the following:
- Reviewing vision problems, general health, current medications, working environment, hobbies, etc.
- Examining eyes for signs of possible disorders, including cataracts and retinal problems
- Evaluating current prescription
- Testing eyes’ ability to see clearly at all distances
- Measuring the fluid pressure in the eye, which is an important test in detecting glaucoma
- Testing eye coordination and muscle control
- Measuring eyes’ ability to change focus
Examination requirements for patients who wish to wear contact lenses include all of the standard eyeglass examination procedures as well as the following:
- Diagnostic lens testing (when applicable)
- Additional external examination (biomicroscopy) with and without contact lenses
- Series of follow-up visits to ensure compliance with maintenance and wearing schedules.
We care about your overall eye health and vision. To give you the best care possible, all Elegant Eyes stores have optometrists on staff who are licensed to examine your eyes using the latest equipment. Since the optometrist, optician and expert stylists are all in one location, we can work together to give you the best care quickly and efficiently.
Elegant Eyes accepts EyeMed Vision Care and most major vision insurance plans, including Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, Blue Cross of California, UniCare, AIG, Cigna Vision and Blue Cross Blue Shield of South Carolina. Don’t forget, some vision plans offer savings on more than one pair of glasses, allowing you to get an extra pair of eyeglasses, prescription sunglasses or custom-made readers. To find out if we accept your plan, contact your nearest Elegant Eyes store.
You don’t have to sacrifice style and selection just to stay in-network. Your vision benefits are good with us even if we’re not apart of your vision plan. At Elegant Eyes, we offer savings comparable to other optical providers within your benefits network. Which means you can get the latest looks in eyewear at a great price.